|The land for Eagarville was owned by James Eagar and he laid out the village.
Born about 1842 in Cary, Ireland
Married Marguerite Danahee in 1865 in London, England
Died April 12, 1919 in Litchfield, Illinois at the hospital.
The first school was built in 1900. It consisted of two rooms. The Village Hall and Post Office are the buildings which composed the school.
The school was sold in 1920, when a new school was built. This school consisted of four rooms was sold in 1951.
Eagarville has never had an established church. However, Sunday School classes were conducted in the school building from early 1900
to 1947 by Miss Day and Mrs. Jennie Thero.
teh village was incorporated November 16, 1915. They have had five mayors up to the present day. Mr. Joseph Frew, the first mayor, served
for 20 years. Trustees of the first village board were John Frew; John Ranger, Gillespie resident; Frank Gerardini, Gillespie resident; Frank
Dana, Gillespie resident; Martin Huges, and Victor Prenedil.
Source : 1853 - 1953 History of Gillespie, Illinois and Centennial Program, June 25, 26, 27, 1953